Today I have spent some time trying to find serial numbers on multiple Cisco devices, some Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless LAN Controllers. Here is 7 ways I have found:
- Locate the serial number tag on the device chassis.
- The serial number is displayed in the banner during boot.
- “show version” command. (Look for Processor board ID or S/N)
- “show inventory” command. (Look for Hw Serial# or SN:)(Also works on WLC’s)
- “show diag” command. (Look for Chassis Serial Number)
- “show hardware” command. (Look for Processor board ID or S/N)
- “show tech-support” command.